Divorce Options™ Workshop
A community service sponsored by Collaborative Practice California
Due to Covid-19 circumstances, most IN PERSON workshops will now be held as webinars via Zoom. Since the material is consistent among counties, please look for any available ONLINE WORKSHOP.
If you are facing divorce or separation, you have many questions.
Get answers by attending a Divorce Options™ workshop. Divorce Options is a public education workshop offered through many regional Collaborative Practice groups in California.
How a Divorce Options™ Workshop Can Help You
Divorce Options™ will help you understand and manage the legal, financial and emotional aspects of this challenging life transition.
Divorce Options™ will help you explore your options and make informed decisions about which process will most likely lead to your desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ will help you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life, with guidance from trained professionals in law, finance and counseling.
Who Should Attend Divorce Options™
Workshops are open to all individuals and couples in California who are contemplating separation or divorce
- Whether married, domestic partners or cohabiting
- Whether same or opposite gender
- With or without children
Divorce Options™ provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support, alimony and child support
- Separate and community property
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Legal and physical custody
- Impact of separation and divorce on children
Find the answers to your important questions:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do divorces take?
- How much do divorces cost?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available to you?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Self-representation (Pro per, or “do-it-yourself”)
- Collaborative Practice
Get advice from professionals on how to:
- Talk to your children about divorce
- Protect the things that are important to you
- Preserve family relationships
- Maintain your emotional health and lessen stress
- Work together versus being at odds
- Retain control of the divorce process
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by a team of Collaborative Practice experts trained in this unique process: a Collaborative Divorce lawyer, a financial specialist and a divorce/communication coach. Each team member has experience guiding other people like you successfully through a divorce without time consuming and costly litigation.
The cost for the three hour workshop varies according to your local practice group.
You may attend individually or as a couple. While pre-registration is not always required, we prefer you RSVP to your local workshop.
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by Collaborative Practice California member groups throughout the state.