Live 4-Day Divorce Mediation Training
Live 4-Day Divorce Mediation Training with Shawn Skillin, JD & Shawn Weber, JD
Purpose of the Training
To give you practical experience for addressing any style and degree of conflict related to divorce and family law using unique and proven mediation tools and techniques. This is achieved by conducting a basic divorce mediation from start to finish applying FRIs innovative 5-Phase Mediation Process. You will learn how to diffuse and cool high conflict situations in mere moments.
What You Will Experience
An interactive, immersive multi-media and fun training event rooted in practical application through role playing, Q&A, lecture, and discussion. You will learn and be able to immediately apply a unique mediation structure, and the tools and techniques that go with it. FRI provides the participants with a full color handbook, that includes court forms, sample fee agreements, checklists, mediator specific ethical standards, and significant resources of relevant books and organizations that you can use right away. You will make a connection with the other trainees and gain a new community for support and networking.
This Training is Ideal for…
Any professional working in an area that is related to divorce and family law conflict such as family law lawyers (i.e., litigation, mediation, collaborative, etc.), mental health professionals (i.e., marriage and family therapists, relationship counselors, divorce coaches, psychologists, etc.), financial professionals and realtors.
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Conduct a formal mediation and/or use the skills in your practice
- Distinguish your role as mediator from the role of lawyer, therapist, financial professional or other
- Utilize new mediation techniques for getting past impasse
- Help parties learn to make and respond to proposals
- Hold effective separate meetings with clients
- Listen and respond to clients to find options for settlement
- Manage power imbalances
- Deal with and manage difficult and emotional clients
View Registration Form PDF here.